lauantai 23. heinäkuuta 2011

Sticky&Sweet memory

I woke up at 5 a.m. on 5th August in Helsinki. Madonna was due to have a concert in West Harbor on 6th. The concert had sold some 85 000 tickets and I wanted to make sure that I got to the front row. Madonna had never before toured in Finland. I even considered not going to the gig, because I should be the one traveling to see Madonna, not M touring for me. She is the diva and fans should follow her all over the world. She should not sacrifice herself for us. I mean - I would love it if she had more things going on with her fans, but she is the queen.

The reason I wanted to be a front row bitch is The view, The feeling and The best people! The atmosphere is nuts in the front row. We are all Her slaves. If someone calls me crazy, because of Madonna, I take that as a compliment! People have always called me mad for what I do. I don't care. I love it. I stayed queueing for four hours without any company. There were still over 30 hours to go..

I was surprised as I noticed that there were 10 fans queueing at 6 p.m. on 5th August. We (10 people) considered that as an insult. It's Madonna. Only 10 great fans in Finland? How weird is that?! By night the queue had grow to 30-40 people and we started to distribute bracelets. It was not a surprise that there were some small fights about the queueing order... It was kind of naive, because we were just 30 and we would all get to the front row. Anyway, I understand that it's about life and death on line.

It was just 1-2 hours before the gates opening when M started rehearsals. She was late from the schedule and we were allowed to go to the section A 30 minutes late. When I heard the intro of Candy Shop, I couldn't help crying. Snot flowing from my nose, face all red I put my hands on my face and thought "Oh gosh... She is REALLY there! She is in FINLAND! And I am the FIRST one going to the area... What a CRAZY thing... This will be the two hours moment in two years when I get to see her live!" I called my sister and tried to say a simple sentence "Madonna is having a rehearsal right now and we can hear her singing Music, Candy Shop, Frozen...", but I could only spell one word after another, periods between the words. My sister is always the one who gets the "rehearsal call" so I'm sure she knew this time what was going on. That's why the call was hilarious at the same time

Now we were in the section A, also known as the golden circle. It was full of people. The stage was so high that I had to stand (jump and dance, too!) on my boyfriend's backpack. Guy Oseary took a picture of me as I was the first on on line. I thought Madonna had wanted to wait until the sunset, but the Candy Intro begun already at 9.40 p.m! I think the intro didn't look as cool as it would have looked in the dark. Candy Shop did not "explode" in my eyes like the last time I saw it in Paris in 2008.

I would like to stop writing here, because I can't find words for the next 2 hours. Something phenomenal was jumping, singing, shining and dancing in front of my eyes. Some kind of a light from a surreal world. She had (still has) a perfect body, smiling face, strong voice and exciting appearance. There I could see my life in flesh for two hours. She was really moving and living and not captured by a photographer in a poster. I can't believe that she has owned me 2-3 seconds of her life as she gave me a look when I took my t-shirt off during Give It 2 Me. She really watched me for a while. I had a wonderful time and got some crazy pictures. I just can't wait for the next tour!

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti

Express Yourself!